The trends of the 1970s get more crystallized by 1972, with Gilbert O’ Sullivan’s lovelorn “Alone Again (Naturally)” representing, along with Al Green’s soulful “Let’s Stay Together.” The Hollies bring some old-school rock-n-roll, while the Moody Blues delivered their late 60s ballad anew, and Badfinger churns out another Beatles-esque pop confection. T. Rex brings Rock back to its sizzling, sexy self, and Jim Croce plays to his folkish strengths. Neil Young takes his soon-to-be iconic rock-country self out there. Argent headily departs from the 60s pop he epitomized with the Zombies, while Elton John floats off into space.
- A MOONLIT PATH OF MADNESS mini-interview with author Catherine McCarthy June 27, 2023
- THE UNTIMELY UNDEATH OF IMOGEN MADRIGAL mini-interview with author Grayson Daly April 3, 2023
- THE THING IN YELLOW mini-interview with author D.T. Neal February 8, 2023
- THE CURSED EARTH mini-interview with author D.T. Neal September 23, 2022
- SONG OF THE RED SQUIRE mini-interview with author C.W. Blackwell August 24, 2022
- THE HANGMAN FEEDS THE JACKAL mini-interview with author Coy Hall June 2, 2022